Beliefs & Practices
We are a Christian Church and therefore we seek to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ as faithfully as we can.
The Bible is also of first importance to us and it is our final authority on all matters of faith and practice.
We believe that salvation is a free gift from God by his grace (God’s undeserved favour towards us).
No person can save themselves, nor contribute to their salvation through their own efforts or merit.
Faith in Jesus Christ alone as Saviour, through his life, death and resurrection is the only way of salvation.
Faith is a gift of God which the repentant sinner must exercise by trusting Jesus Christ as their Saviour.
We are independent from any denomination but have fellowship and belong to the Associating Evangelical Churches of Wales.
We practice Believer Baptism on profession of faith.
We hold the Lord’s Supper every week.
◦ Visitors who have trusted Jesus Christ as their own personal saviour are welcome to partake at the Lord’s Supper.
◦ It is our desire that a person wishing to regularly partake of the Lord’s table will be or seek to be baptised on profession of faith.
Statement of Faith
1. (a) The unity of the Godhead, with the distinctions of Persons in that unity: namely The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, all being perfectly equal. (Deut 6:4: Gen 1:1-2, 2:6; John 1:1-2 )
(b)The Sovereignty of God in Creation , Providence and Redemption. (Gen 1:1; Prov 16:4; Psalm 47:2; Acts 17:26; Rom 8:28; Gal 1:4; Col 1:14; Titus 2:14; 1 Peter 1:18; Rev 5:9)
2. The Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God wholly and completely, and recognize their authority and sufficiency, and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole. (2 Tim 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:10-12; 2 Peter 1:20-21; John 4: 26)
3. The Fall of man and his total departure from God as the consequence of sin, and the failure of the first man, to obey God. (Gen 3:6,16-19; Rom 3:10-19,23; Rom 5:12-19; Rom 6; Rom 8:5-9)
4. The Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ .
(a) Truly became man, being born of the Holy Spirit and conceived of the Virgin Mary. (John 1:14; Matt 1:20-25; Luke 1:25; Gal 4:4)
(b) Lived a perfect life, was without sin, fully keeping God’s Holy Law.(Heb 4:15;1 Peter 2:22; 2 Cor 5:21; 1 John 3:5; 1 Peter 1:19; Matt 5:17; Matt 17:5).
(c) Died as a substitute for sinners (Is 53:5-6; 2Cor 5:21; Rom 5:6-8; 1 Peter 3:18)
(d) Was raised from the dead, ascended into Heaven, at the right hand of God and is now the all-sufficient High Priest for His people. (1 Cor 15 :3-4; Acts 1:9-11; Phil 2:9; Heb1:3; Eph 1:20; Heb 7:24-28; Heb 2:17-18; Heb 4:15-16)
5. That the justification of the sinner before God is by faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph 2:8-10; Hag 2:4; Acts 13:39; Rom 5:1; Rom 3:21-26; Rom 4:4-5; Gen 2:16)
6. The need of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration (new birth), conversion and sanctification.(John 3:5-8, 16:8-11; Titus 3:4-7; 2 Thess 2:13-14; 1 Peter 1:2)
7. That this new birth results in and is made evident by holiness of life and good works. (Matt 5:16; Eph 2:10; 4:24; Titus 2:7-8,14; Titus 3:4-8)
8. That every believer in our Lord Jesus Christ is eternally secure and kept by the Power of God. (John 10:27-29; John 3:16; John 11:26; Rom 8:35-39; Phil 1:6; Jude :1; 1 Peter. 1:5)
9. The world wide church of God is the body of which Christ is the Head.(Eph 1:22-23; Col 1:18-19; 1 Cor 12:12,27; 1 Cor 1:2)
(a) This embraces all those washed in the Blood of Jesus, Born of the Spirit of God and justified by Faith. (Rev 1:5-6; John 1:12-13; James 1:18; 1 John 4:7; 1 John 5:1; 1 Peter 1:23; John 3:3-8)
(b) The local church, being made up of all such believers is an expression of the worldwide church.(Acts 2:41-47; Matt 18:20)
(c) Fellowship between such churches demonstrates the unity, of the Body of Christ. (Acts 2:27-30; Rom 16:16; Phil 1:3-5; 1 John 1:3;1 Cor 16:1-3, 17-20)
10. The personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory, to receive His people and to judge the world. (1 Thess 4; Acts 1:10-11; Job 19:25-26; Phil 3:20-21)